I wonder if I put a few words here?

EDCI 337 Blog Post #3

List some possibilities you see for digital story telling or screencasting in education

I believe that the potential for digital storytelling and screencasting is directly related to the progression of technology, where its adoption and use increases at the same rate that technology improves. 

In terms of possibilities for how digital storytelling can be incorporated into education, I can see digital storytelling being used as a tool to help provide students with a visual and audible representation for the material they are learning. The use of digital storytelling in this manner would help to adhere to the dual coding theory and improve the amount of information that is retained. An example of this is an infographic designed to incorporate the key points of a topic handed out before an accompanying video which dives into further detail is played would help to solidify the main concepts.

Infographic with key points on “Play in the Classroom”

As for possibilities for how screencasting can be used in education is through providing students with a quick reference for how to go about completing or beginning certain class activities. Another possibility is providing a platform for online students to be able to complete presentations where they can not only show what they have completed but also incorporate their own voice in their presentation. 

1. ramneetbhullar

Hey Elias!
    Awesome post! I enjoyed how you were able to integrate dual code theory into your post. The entire piece was very well-written and engaging in depicting the value of screen casting. I also loved how you were able to incorporate a video and a infographic in the post. Well done can’t wait to read more!
    https://rbhullar.opened.ca/2021/05/24/assignment-1-comments/